104 days until OCR season begins! That is what I kept telling myself as I shoveled close to two feet of snow earlier today. The only good thing about shoveling all that snow is it provided a nice upper body workout. Ok, it probably wasn’t really a “workout,” but I’ll take what I can get at this point. Shoveling snow would be a pretty difficult obstacle, in my opinion. Alright, enough about snow, let’s talk about a simple thing you can do today (especially those stuck inside because of this stuff).
Today is the day you should register for a race! It can be any type of race too. This means a road race or a charity race is fair game. You should want to do an OCR, but running in any type of race is just as good. So go and get your credit card, and I’ll tell you what to do from there.
- Determine Race Length- 1K walk, 5K, 10K or 15K run. Register for something you feel comfortable with completing.
- Determine Race Type- There’s road races, charity races, trail runs, fun runs or OCR. You have a ton of options for running events.
- Find a Running Buddy or Buddies- Text, call or email your friends and ask them to register too. Be a motivator for your friends. Chances are they will race if you race.
- Find a Race- Use the internet to search for a race near you. You could also search for a race that supports a charity. Example: races that support cancer, diabetes, etc. If you want to do an OCR use the link on my page.
- Sign Up- You’ve done all this work so signing up should be easy. Most race registrations take about 15-20 minutes.
After you’ve signed up, make sure you get a confirmation email. Check your spam or junk folder to see if it ended up there. If you didn’t get one you can contact them and request they send it again.
I really hope you decide to register for a race today. I know I’m going to sign up for one. Also, I know I’ll be going back outside to shovel more snow…yay.
104 days until OCR season begins.